Hello, my name is Elena and I am a Chef Master. I am thrilled to share with you my favorite Chopsuey recipe that uses chicken. This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation in my family and it never fails to impress everyone who tries it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Filipino
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9/5
- 500g chicken breast, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup cabbage, sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, snow peas, celery, and cabbage.
- Stir in the soy sauce and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the bean sprouts and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use other types of meat instead of chicken?
- A: Yes, you can use pork, beef, or shrimp if you prefer.
- Q: Can I omit the bean sprouts?
- A: Yes, you can omit the bean sprouts or replace them with another vegetable of your choice.
- Q: Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
- A: Yes, you can use vegetable broth if you prefer a vegetarian version of this recipe.
- Q: Can I make this ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it before serving.
- Q: Can I freeze leftovers?
- A: Yes, you can freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.
1. Use fresh vegetables for the best flavor and texture.
2. Adjust the amount of soy sauce and salt to your preference.
3. Add more cornstarch if you prefer a thicker sauce.
Enjoy your delicious Chopsuey with Chicken!