Hi, my name is Elena and I am a professional chef. I love sharing my recipes with others and today I want to share with you my Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe. This recipe is perfect for those who love the sweet and tangy flavors of Hawaiian cuisine. It's easy to make and will impress your family and friends at your next BBQ.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Hawaiian
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can pineapple rings
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken to a large resealable bag and pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- During the last 2-3 minutes of grilling, add pineapple rings to grill and cook until slightly charred.
- Remove chicken and pineapple from grill and serve immediately.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of meat?
- A: Yes, you can use pork or beef instead of chicken.
- Q: Can I make the marinade ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the marinade up to 24 hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- Q: Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned. Just make sure to cut it into rings before grilling.
- Q: How can I make this recipe spicier?
- A: You can add more red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the marinade.
- Q: Can I bake the chicken instead of grilling it?
- A: Yes, you can bake the chicken in a preheated 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
1. Make sure to let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes for maximum flavor.
2. Don't overcook the chicken or it will become dry.
3. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
Enjoy your delicious Hawaiian BBQ Chicken!