Hi, my name is Elena and I am a Chef Master. I love sharing my passion for cooking with others, and that's why I want to share a delicious and easy chicken enchilada crock pot recipe with you. This recipe is perfect for those busy days when you don't have much time to cook, but still want to enjoy a home-cooked meal. So, let's get started!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours and 20 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Mexican
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, remove it from the crock pot and shred it with two forks. Return it to the crock pot and stir to combine with the sauce and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to make them pliable.
- Place a spoonful of chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla, roll up tightly, and place seam-side down in the prepared baking pan.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired, and serve hot.
|Nutrition||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Q: Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas?
- A: Yes, you can use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas. However, the flavor and texture may be slightly different.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
- Q: Can I add more vegetables?
- A: Yes, you can add more vegetables if you like. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sauce and seasonings accordingly.
- Q: Can I make this recipe in advance?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking.
1. To make this recipe even easier, you can use pre-cooked chicken and store-bought enchilada sauce.
2. If you like your enchiladas spicy, you can add some chopped jalapenos or hot sauce to the filling.
3. Serve these enchiladas with a side of rice and beans for a complete meal.
Enjoy your delicious and easy chicken enchilada crock pot recipe!
Table Of Content