Hi, my name is Elena and I am a professional chef. I am excited to share with you my favorite chicken spring rolls recipe today. This recipe is perfect for a light and healthy snack or appetizer. It's easy to make and packed with delicious flavors. Let's get started!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Appetizer
- Recipe Cuisine: Asian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked chicken, cabbage, carrots, green onions, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ginger powder, and black pepper.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables and mix well.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface and spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the wrapper.
- Roll the wrapper tightly, tucking in the sides as you go.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the spring rolls to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the spring rolls from the oil and let them drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use other vegetables in the filling?
- A: Yes, feel free to use any vegetables you like.
- Q: Can I make these ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can prepare the spring rolls ahead of time and then fry them just before serving.
- Q: Can I bake these instead of frying them?
- A: Yes, you can bake the spring rolls at 375°F for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Q: What dipping sauce goes well with these spring rolls?
- A: Sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, or peanut sauce are all great options.
- Q: Can I freeze these spring rolls?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the uncooked spring rolls for up to 3 months. Just thaw them in the refrigerator before frying.
1. Make sure to wrap the spring rolls tightly to prevent the filling from falling out during frying.
2. Don't overfill the spring rolls or they may burst open during frying.
3. Heat the oil to the right temperature before adding the spring rolls to ensure they cook evenly.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chicken spring rolls!
Table Of Content