Hi, my name is Elena, and I'm a professional chef with years of experience. I love to create new recipes and try out different cuisines. Today, I'm excited to share with you my favorite recipe for teriyaki chicken breast. It's easy to make, delicious, and perfect for busy weeknights when you want to cook something quick and healthy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Japanese
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9/5
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour the sauce over them
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through
- While the chicken is baking, make the glaze by mixing cornstarch and water in a small bowl
- Heat up vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add the sauce from the baking dish and bring to a boil
- Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes
- Once the chicken is done, brush the glaze over it and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions
- Serve hot, with rice or noodles
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Q: Can I substitute the soy sauce with something else?
- A: You can use tamari or coconut aminos if you want to make it gluten-free.
- Q: Can I make the glaze ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
1. To get the best flavor, marinate the chicken in the sauce for at least 30 minutes before baking.
2. You can also grill the chicken instead of baking it for a smoky flavor.
3. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked through, with an internal temperature of 165F.