Hi, my name is Elena and I'm a Chef Master. I have a passion for cooking and I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Today, I want to share with you my recipe for Chicken Lombardy. This is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. I hope you enjoy it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup marsala wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add the marsala wine and chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the heavy cream and parsley to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of wine?
- A: Yes, you can substitute with any dry red or white wine.
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve with freshly cooked chicken.
1. If you don't have marsala wine, you can use sherry or red wine as a substitute.
2. To make the dish healthier, you can use olive oil instead of butter and omit the heavy cream.
3. Serve the chicken with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a salad.
Table Of Content