My name is Elena and I am a Chef Master. I have always been passionate about cooking and creating new recipes. This Panko Chicken Recipe is one of my favorites and I would like to share it with you. It is easy to make, healthy, and delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Asian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5 Stars
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl, and Panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper to the Panko breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off excess, then dip it into the beaten eggs, and finally coat it in the seasoned Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use regular breadcrumbs instead of Panko breadcrumbs?
- A: Yes, you can use regular breadcrumbs, but the texture and crispy coating will be different.
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
- Q: Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
- A: Yes, you can use gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs to make this recipe gluten-free.
1. To make the chicken breasts even more tender, you can soak them in buttermilk for a few hours before breading and cooking.
2. For a spicier version, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder to the Panko breadcrumb mixture.
3. Make sure to use an oven-safe skillet so that you can transfer it to the oven without having to transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
This Panko Chicken Recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or for impressing guests at a dinner party. It is a healthier alternative to fried chicken and has a crispy coating that will satisfy your cravings. Give it a try and let me know what you think!