Hi, I'm Elena, a professional chef master who loves to share easy and delicious recipes. Today, I'm excited to share with you one of my favorite comfort foods, chicken and dumplings. This recipe is perfect for a cold day or when you want something warm and hearty. So, let's get started!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the milk and stir until a dough forms.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls into the simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs in this recipe.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftover chicken and dumplings?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can I use a different type of flour?
- A: You can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend in this recipe.
- Q: Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can add carrots, celery, or other vegetables to this recipe.
- Q: Can I use canned chicken broth?
- A: Yes, you can use canned chicken broth in this recipe. Just be sure to use low-sodium broth if you're watching your salt intake.
1. To make the dumplings fluffier, use cold milk and mix the dough just until combined.
2. If the broth is too thick, add more chicken broth or water to thin it out.
3. For a creamier soup, add a splash of heavy cream or half-and-half before serving.
That's it! I hope you enjoy this easy chicken and dumplings recipe. Don't forget to share it with your family and friends. Happy cooking!