Hi there, I am Elena, a Chef Master who loves to experiment with different recipes. One of my favorite ingredients to work with is chicken, and I have discovered that using Panko breadcrumbs adds a unique texture and flavor to chicken dishes. That's why I want to share with you some of my best chicken recipes with Panko that you can easily make at home.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Asian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5 stars
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- In another shallow dish, place the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each chicken breast into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten eggs, then coat with the Panko breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Brush the chicken with the sauce.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use regular breadcrumbs instead of Panko?
- A: Yes, you can use regular breadcrumbs, but the texture and flavor will be different.
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs, but the cooking time may vary.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can prepare the chicken up to the point of baking and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before baking.
1. To get a crispy coating, make sure to press the Panko breadcrumbs onto the chicken breasts.
2. If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, transfer the chicken to a baking dish before baking in the oven.
3. For a healthier option, you can bake the chicken without browning it in the skillet first.
Enjoy your delicious and crispy chicken with Panko! Don't forget to experiment with different sauces and spices to create your own unique recipe.