Hi, my name is Elena and I am a professional chef. I love experimenting with different cuisines and today I want to share with you my recipe for Caribbean Chicken. This dish is bursting with flavor and it's perfect for any occasion. So, let's get started!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Caribbean
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, jerk seasoning, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use bone-in chicken, but you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Q: Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Q: Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried. Use 3 times the amount of fresh herbs as you would dried.
1. If you don't have jerk seasoning, you can substitute with a mixture of paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
2. To add some extra heat to this dish, add a diced jalapeno pepper.
3. Serve this dish with rice and beans for a complete meal.
Enjoy your Caribbean Chicken!