Hi, my name is Elena and I am a professional chef. Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes, the Bisquick Chicken and Dumpling Recipe. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for those who love comfort food. I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as I do!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can (10 ½ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Bisquick mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
- In a large saucepan, mix together the cream of chicken soup, water, shredded chicken, paprika, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Drop the Bisquick dough by spoonfuls into the boiling chicken mixture. Reduce heat to low and cover the saucepan.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I substitute the Bisquick mix with something else?
- A: Yes, you can use any baking mix that you prefer.
- Q: Can I use canned chicken instead of cooked chicken?
- A: Yes, you can use canned chicken, but cooked chicken will give the dish more flavor.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
1. To make this recipe even easier, you can use rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own chicken.
2. If you want a thicker sauce, you can add a tablespoon of flour to the chicken mixture.
3. You can add vegetables like carrots and peas to the chicken mixture for a more nutritious meal.
That's it for the Bisquick Chicken and Dumpling Recipe. I hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious dish as much as I do. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Happy cooking!