Hi, my name is Elena and I am a Chef Master. As someone who has been in the culinary industry for years, I always love to experiment with different types of ingredients and create new recipes. And when it comes to chicken gizzards, I have found some amazing recipes that I would like to share with you. So, if you are looking for some delicious and easy-to-make chicken gizzard recipes, then keep reading!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Recipe Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 lb chicken gizzards, cleaned and trimmed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a third bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Dredge the chicken gizzards in the flour mixture, then dip them in the eggs, and finally coat them with breadcrumbs.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken gizzards until golden brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
|Nutrition Facts||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Are chicken gizzards healthy?
- A: Yes, chicken gizzards are a good source of protein and iron, but they are also high in cholesterol.
- Q: How do I clean chicken gizzards?
- A: To clean chicken gizzards, rinse them in cold water and remove any fat or connective tissue. You can also use a knife to trim the edges.
- Q: Can I bake chicken gizzards instead of frying them?
- A: Yes, you can bake chicken gizzards in the oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes, or until they are cooked through and crispy.
- Q: What can I serve with chicken gizzards?
- A: Chicken gizzards can be served as an appetizer or as a main course with sides like mashed potatoes, green beans, or coleslaw.
- Q: Can I freeze chicken gizzards?
- A: Yes, you can freeze chicken gizzards for up to 3 months.
1. To make the chicken gizzards even more flavorful, you can marinate them in buttermilk or hot sauce for a few hours before cooking.
2. If you want to make the chicken gizzards less greasy, you can place them on a wire rack after frying to let the excess oil drain off.
3. For a spicier version, you can add more cayenne pepper or hot sauce to the flour mixture.
There you have it, some of the best chicken gizzard recipes that you can try at home. Whether you are a fan of fried chicken or looking for a new way to enjoy this ingredient, these recipes are sure to impress. So, give them a try and let me know what you think!