Hi, my name is Elena and I am a professional chef. I love experimenting with different flavors and ingredients in my recipes. Today, I want to share with you some of my favorite chicken recipes that include the fragrant herb Basil. These recipes are easy to follow and will definitely add some excitement to your weekly meal plan. Let's get started!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
- Pour mixture over chicken, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use dried basil instead of fresh?
- Q: Can I marinate the chicken in the basil mixture overnight?
- Q: Can I grill the chicken instead of baking it?
- Q: Can I use a different type of vinegar?
- Q: Can I double the recipe?
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
A: Yes, you can use dried basil. However, fresh basil will give the dish a much better flavor.
A: Yes, you can marinate the chicken in the basil mixture for up to 24 hours before cooking.
A: Yes, you can grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
A: Yes, you can use red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead of balsamic vinegar.
A: Yes, you can double or triple the recipe to feed a larger crowd.
A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container.
1. Make sure to use fresh basil for the best flavor.
2. If you don't have balsamic vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead.
3. Serve the chicken with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or a mixed green salad.
These chicken recipes with basil are perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. They are easy to make and packed with flavor. Try them out and let me know what you think!