Hi, my name is Elena and I'm a Chef Master. I want to share with you my favorite pressure cooker recipes for chicken. Cooking chicken in a pressure cooker is quick, easy, and healthy. Pressure cooking locks in moisture and nutrients, making your chicken tender and flavorful. In this article, I'll give you step-by-step instructions on how to make the best pressure cooker chicken recipes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Season chicken breasts with paprika, thyme, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Set pressure cooker to sauté mode and heat olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic, sauté until translucent.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add chicken broth and secure lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken breasts from pressure cooker and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
- Q: Can I use frozen chicken in a pressure cooker?
- A: Yes, you can use frozen chicken, but you'll need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Add 3-5 minutes of cooking time per pound of frozen chicken.
- Q: Can I use water instead of chicken broth?
- A: Yes, you can use water, but chicken broth will add more flavor.
- Q: Can I add vegetables to the pressure cooker?
- A: Yes, you can add vegetables like carrots and potatoes, but you'll need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Add vegetables after browning the chicken and cook on high pressure for 5-10 minutes.
Here are some tips to make the best pressure cooker chicken:
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be at least 165°F.
- Don't overcook the chicken, or it will become dry and tough.
- Let the pressure cooker release pressure naturally for 10-15 minutes before manually releasing remaining pressure.
With these tips and recipes, you'll be able to make delicious and healthy pressure cooker chicken in no time. Enjoy!
Table Of Content