Hi there! My name is Elena, and as a Chef Master, I always enjoy creating new recipes that are both delicious and easy to make. Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes, the Mexican Shredded Chicken. It's a perfect dish to enjoy with your family or friends, and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Mexican
- Aggregate Rating: 5 stars
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and green chilies to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and shred it using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the skillet and stir to combine with the sauce.
- Serve the Mexican shredded chicken with rice, beans, or tortillas, and enjoy!
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Q: Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Just cook the chicken on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container.
- Q: What can I serve with the Mexican shredded chicken?
- A: You can serve the Mexican shredded chicken with rice, beans, tortillas, or a salad.
- Q: Can I make this recipe spicier?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe spicier by adding more chili powder or red pepper flakes.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect Mexican shredded chicken:
- Make sure to brown the chicken on both sides before adding the sauce. This will give it a nice golden color and help seal in the juices.
- If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can use canned shredded chicken instead of cooking the chicken yourself.
- For a healthier version, you can use low-sodium chicken broth and skip the salt.
That's it! I hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious Mexican shredded chicken recipe. Don't forget to share it with your friends and family. Happy cooking!