My name is Elena and I am a professional chef. I want to share with you my favorite recipe, Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves the spicy and creamy flavors of Cajun cuisine. It's easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Cajun
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook linguine according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, season chicken strips with cajun seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and butter. Once melted, add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add bell peppers and onion. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cooked linguine and chicken back into the skillet. Toss until everything is coated in the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of pasta?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like.
- Q: Can I substitute the heavy cream with something else?
- A: You can use half-and-half or milk, but the sauce will not be as thick and creamy.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and reheat it before tossing with the pasta and chicken.
- Q: How spicy is this recipe?
- A: It's moderately spicy, but you can adjust the amount of cajun seasoning to your preference.
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can add mushrooms, zucchini, or any other vegetables you like.
1. To save time, you can use pre-cooked chicken strips.
2. Make sure to season the chicken well with cajun seasoning.
3. If you don't have fresh parsley, you can use dried parsley or omit it altogether.
Thank you for trying my Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!