My name is Elena, and I am a professional chef with years of experience in creating delicious recipes. Today, I would like to share with you my recipe for the best chicken and yellow rice that you will ever taste. This recipe has been passed down through generations in my family, and I am excited to share it with you.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Latin American
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and red bell pepper to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the rice to the skillet and stir to coat with the spices.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and olives to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
- Q: Can I use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken breasts, but they may take longer to cook.
- Q: Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
- A: Yes, you can use brown rice, but the cooking time will be longer.
- Q: Can I use fresh peas instead of frozen peas?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh peas, but they will need to be cooked before adding them to the skillet.
1. To save time, you can use pre-cooked chicken.
2. If you don't have pimento-stuffed green olives, you can use regular green olives.
3. If you like your food spicy, you can add a chopped jalapeno pepper to the skillet.
This chicken and yellow rice recipe is a classic Latin American dish that is full of flavor and easy to make. It is the perfect meal for a family dinner or a special occasion. The combination of chicken, rice, and spices creates a delicious and satisfying meal that everyone will love. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the taste of Latin American cuisine!