My name is Elena and I am a professional chef with over 10 years of experience. I have always been passionate about cooking and creating new recipes. Today, I want to share one of my favorite recipes with you - Karahi Chicken. Karahi Chicken is a popular dish in South Asian cuisine and is known for its spicy and flavorful taste. I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I do!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: South Asian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and green chilies and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, garnish with cilantro, and serve hot with rice or naan.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
- Q: Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
- Q: Can I use canned tomatoes instead of fresh?
- Q: Can I make this recipe less spicy?
- Q: Can I use other meats instead of chicken?
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use bone-in chicken but the cooking time will be longer.
A: Yes, you can use canned tomatoes but fresh tomatoes are preferred for best results.
A: Yes, you can adjust the amount of green chilies and red chili powder according to your taste.
A: Yes, you can use beef or lamb but the cooking time will be longer.
A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it before serving.
A: Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months.
1. To save time, you can chop the onions, ginger, and garlic in a food processor.
2. For a creamier texture, you can add a dollop of yogurt or cream to the dish.
3. To make the dish more aromatic, you can add a few strands of saffron or a pinch of cardamom powder.
That's it! I hope you enjoy making this delicious Karahi Chicken recipe. Don't forget to share your feedback and let me know how it turned out.