Hi, my name is Elena and I am a professional chef. I have always been passionate about cooking and experimenting with new recipes. Today, I am going to share with you my personal favorite recipe for Egg Roll Chicken. This is a delicious and healthy recipe that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy meal or something more elaborate, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. So, without further ado, let's get started!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Course
- Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8 stars
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the same skillet and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, ginger, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cornstarch, and water. Add to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Return chicken to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 375 degrees F.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the sides. Roll up tightly and seal the top corner with a dab of water. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Carefully place egg rolls in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
|Nutrition||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: How many egg rolls does this recipe make?
- A: This recipe makes approximately 12-15 egg rolls.
- Q: Can I use a different type of meat?
- A: Yes, you can substitute chicken with pork or beef if you prefer.
- Q: Can I freeze the egg rolls?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the egg rolls for up to 3 months. To reheat, bake in the oven at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Q: Can I make the egg rolls ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can assemble the egg rolls ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before frying.
- Q: What dipping sauce goes well with egg rolls?
- A: Sweet and sour sauce or soy sauce are great options for dipping egg rolls.
- Q: Can I use store-bought egg roll wrappers?
- A: Yes, you can use store-bought egg roll wrappers instead of making your own.
1. To make the egg rolls extra crispy, brush with a little bit of beaten egg or water before frying.
2. You can add more or less vegetables depending on your personal preference.
3. Make sure the oil is hot enough before frying the egg rolls to ensure they cook evenly.
With this recipe, you can enjoy the delicious taste of Chinese egg rolls right at home. It's easy to make and packed with flavor, making it perfect for any occasion. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a crowd, this recipe is sure to impress. So, give it a try and let me know what you think!