Hi, I'm Elena, a Chef Master with a passion for creating delicious recipes. Today, I want to share with you my favorite Mexican Chicken Casserole recipe. This dish is perfect for family dinners or potlucks, and it's easy to make. I hope you enjoy making and eating this dish as much as I do.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Mexican
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, frozen corn, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Stir in cooked chicken and rice. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
- A: Yes, you can use brown rice, but you may need to adjust the cooking time and add more liquid.
- Q: Can I use canned chicken instead of fresh chicken?
- A: Yes, you can use canned chicken, but the texture may be different.
- Q: Can I use different vegetables?
- A: Yes, you can use any vegetables you like or have on hand.
- Q: Can I freeze this casserole?
- A: Yes, you can freeze this casserole for up to 3 months. Make sure to thaw it before reheating.
- Q: Can I use a different type of cheese?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of cheese you like or have on hand.
- Q: Can I make this casserole ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. Remove plastic wrap and bake as directed.
1. To save time, use pre-cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken.
2. Add more spices, like paprika or cayenne pepper, to adjust the flavor to your liking.
3. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole on top.
This Mexican Chicken Casserole is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. With its combination of chicken, vegetables, and spices, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus, it's packed with protein and fiber, making it a healthy and satisfying meal. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!