A delicious crockpot chicken and gravy recipe that is perfect for a large family. Easily prepare this meal in the morning and come home to dinner ready to go!
Crock Pot Chicken And Gravy Recipe is a simple, easy recipe that will be the perfect dinner for your family. Dinner Ideas Family shares a step by step guide on how to make this dish which includes ingredients and cooking instructions!
What are crockpot chicken and gravy?
This time of year, in particular, I'm a big lover of crockpot food. I don't know you, but around the Christmas season, I'm swamped. Dinner is the final thing I want to bother about. This is a straightforward dish that tastes fantastic. Chicken in a gravely blend of chicken, chicken cream and chicken broth, slow-cooked.
What does it taste like? What's better than slow-cooked, absolutely delicious food that takes little to no time on your part to make?! This Chicken And Gravy Recipe will be loved by anyone who tries it! Give it a try today!
How to make it crockpot chicken and gravy
Just add a slick of liquid to the slow cooker – maybe a tablespoon or two. The tiny quantity of liquid helps the chicken to remain moist as the cooker steams. Use fatty chicken or vegetarian pumpkin for a balanced flavour. Try white wine or citrus juice for a more distinct taste.
There are no hard and fast rules. If you have a favourite flavour, try it on this dish - the slow cooker will take care of the work for you. Add vegetables if desired or use them as toppings – Brussels sprouts make an excellent side dish for chicken crockpot recipes, especially when cooked with bacon drippings from pan-fried strips until they're browned but not burnt around the edges.
If you don't like white wine, then get creative! How about apple cider? How about orange juice? How about cream sherry (that's what my grandmother used to do)? How about grapefruit juice?
Variations on the recipe
There are no liquids you need to add. Chickens usually had a solution added today, thus seldom require more fluids. The meat is soft towards the conclusion of the cooking period, which virtually falls off the bone.
- You can add any vegetables at the beginning of cooking if desired. Add squash, potatoes or carrots to complement your chicken dish and keep it healthy.
- Variants for those who need gluten-free dishes are also possible! They often use rice noodles in Asia instead of traditional wheat pasta, which is more common around North America. This variation provides a different texture as well as an alternative flavour profile that many people enjoy. Rice noodles soak up the sauce, so it's worth using thick sauces when adapting this dish from its original form because there won.
Crock Pot Chicken And Gravy
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 Serving 1x
A delicious crock pot chicken and gravy recipe that is perfect for a large family. Easily prepare this meal in the morning and come home to dinner ready to go!
- 2 packets chicken gravy mix
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder, salt, black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- rice, mashed potatoes or noodles, for serving
- sliced green onions, for topping
- Season chicken breasts (both sides)with garlic powder, black pepper and just a tad bit of salt.
- In your slow cooker, whisk together the gravy packets, cream of chicken soup, and water until smooth.
- Add the seasoned chicken breasts. Be sure to get them covered in gravy.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Once cooked, break chicken up into chunks using a fork.
- Stir in sour cream. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes with sliced green onions (optional)
The chicken gravy and cream of chicken soup already have salt in them so don't go overboard on seasoning with salt (about a teaspoon should work).
Sour cream adds a great creaminess to this so I definitely recommend adding it in! Plain Greek yogurt can be substituted for the sour cream.
Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.
- Category: Crockpot
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: Dinner Recipes
Summary: I hope you've enjoyed this easy crockpot chicken and gravy recipe. The best thing about the dish is that it's so versatile! Mix up some of your variations on this basic recipe, or use any other ingredients that might have been in your fridge to make a new twist on an old favourite.
Reference - crockpot chicken