Learn how to make crockpot chicken tortilla soup. It's easy and healthy. Serve with cornbread or a salad for the perfect meal!
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of the easiest soups to make, and it's so delicious! This recipe has only five ingredients but tastes like you spent all day cooking. The soup starts with cooked chicken breasts that are shredded and simmered in your crockpot along with salsa, tomatoes, corn tortillas strips, and black beans. You can simmer this soup on low heat for eight hours or high heat for four hours.
What is crockpot chicken tortilla soup?
The supper takes place in the slow cooker for a relaxing weekend. Most items are probably in the cupboard and refrigerator already!
What is crockpot chicken tortilla soup? What ingredients are in the recipe? What steps do I need to follow for this slow cooker dinner meal? What equipment will I need and a healthy alternative if I don't have it on hand? What other food can I serve with this dish? What are some substitutions that work well, too?"
Why you should make it crockpot chicken tortilla soup
Because of its name, Sopa Azteca (the Aztec soup), many think this meal came from Central or South Mexico, where the Aztecs lived in the first place. But, in reality, this soup is an all-Spanish invention, and it's not from Mexico.
The first recipe of what we know as soap Azteca came from the cookbook Cocina Mexicana by Mexican Chef Roberto de la Riva in 1983—a time when most Mexicans were still living mostly on corn tortillas, beans, and eggs. This was a cuisine made for people who had more money to spend on food than before. It wasn't until later that it became popularized throughout Latin America with its chicken broth base.
How to make it crockpot chicken tortilla soup
If you prefer a more rapid cure, you can combine soup fluid with around 1-2 tsp—arrowroot starch. After you dissolve starch, put everything into the broth, and in approximately 2-3 minutes, you have a thicker soup.
Meal Planning: How To Make It Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Ingredients: • Olive oil • Onion • Garlic cloves • Tomato sauce or diced tomatoes (14 oz.) • Low sodium vegetable stock (64 oz) • Bay leaves (optional)• Ground cumin(I tbsp)• Mexican oregano (½ Tbsp; optional) ¼ cup green onions finely chopped *OPTIONAL*Print
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Hours
- Total Time: 10 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Serving 1x
This is one of my favorite recipes because you can prep everything the night before and let your slow cooker do all the work
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz can beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 15 oz can corn undrained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles undrained
- 1 11 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese for topping
- crunchy tortilla strips for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 5-quart crock pot.
- Season with a bit of salt & pepper.
- Add in diced onions and minced garlic.
- Then pour in broth, water, corn, diced tomatoes and enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and chili powder and give it all a good stir.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for about 8-10 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, take the chicken breasts out and shred them using two forks. The chicken will shred very easily.
- Then put shredded chicken back in pot and stir.
- Let cook for additional 15 minutes. Then serve. Top with shredded cheese and crispy tortilla strips.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Dinner Recipes
Summary: This soup is perfect for a cold day. It's easy to make and will keep you feeling warm and cozy all winter long! You can find the recipe here on our blog, or feel free to contact us if you want help with marketing your business.
Reference - Chicken Soup