Now you can teach your kids prewriting techniques! We've provided a few worksheets to get them started on their persuasive essay. If they need some more help, make sure they ask for it and we will be happy to provide the resources that are needed.
- 1.25 lb ground beef
- 1.25 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce, (or make the homemade enchilada sauce. Recipe is below.)
- 1.25 12 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1.25 16 ounce can refried beans
- 15 soft corn tortillas, street taco size/individual taco size.
- 1.25 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.25 14.5 ounce petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3.75 cups shredded cheese, (I recommend the Mexican blend)
- 1.25 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1.88 teaspoon cumin
- 0.63 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.94 teaspoon salt
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1.25 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2.5 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.63 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3.13 teaspoons chili powder
- 0.63 teaspoon basil, dried
- 0.16 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.16 teaspoon salt
- 0.31 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1.25 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 0.31 cup salsa
- 7.5 ounce tomato sauce
- 1.88 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cook ground beef until brown and no longer pink.
- Spread half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Cook the corn in microwave according to package directions.
- Spread half of refried beans on 6 corn tortillas. Place tortillas, bean-side up, over sauce in dish, overlapping to fit.
- Stir together remaining enchilada sauce, corn, black beans, spices, salt, ground beef, and undrained tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Spread half of beef enchilada mixture over the corn tortillas that are layered in the dish. Then layer with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layering – take 6 more corn tortillas and spread with the rest of the refried beans and place as another layer in your 13X9 baking dish. Then layer with the enchilada mixture and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until hot. The center should be hot and the casserole should be bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 8-12 pieces.
- Top off your dish with your favorite enchilada toppings – shredded lettuce, sour cream, avocado, etc.
Gluten Free Red Enchilada Sauce
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 min.
- Add the oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa, and tomato sauce. Mix together and then stir in the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer for 15 to 20 min.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: Dinner Recipes