The Beef Enchilada Casserole Crockpot is a hearty and delicious meal that is perfect for your family. This recipe includes ground beef, onion, garlic powder, chili powder, salt pepper can of enchilada sauce, and corn tortillas. You will also need cheese to top the casserole with! Follow these easy instructions to create this Mexican-inspired dish.
Get out your crockpot Beef Enchilada
The Crockpot Ladies advised that you sprinkle baking soda onto sticky food before you scrape. If that doesn't work, their second step is to add ¼ cup of baking soda into the ceramic pot and fill it with water. Then cover and put 2-4 hours high.
In the bottom of the crockpot, pour in a can of enchilada sauce.
Prepare the meat and sauce as directed by the recipe. Add to immediate pot and cook for 75 minutes on a manual and high pressure, with a natural release of 10 minutes. Recommend the enchilada assembly and baking directions.
Layer a tortilla on top of the enchilada sauce and get it good and soaked up
How do you avoid the collapse of Enchiladas? When the tortillas are soft, place them and serve them. Fill them with your favorite things. If you don't believe it's warm enough, but it is only in the oven to heat, baking causes tortillas to break down.Print
Beef Enchilada Casserole Crockpot
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10 Serving 1x
Now you can teach your kids prewriting techniques! We've provided a few worksheets to get them started on their persuasive essay. If they need some more help, make sure they ask for it and we will be happy to provide the resources that are needed.
- 1.25 lb ground beef
- 1.25 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce, (or make the homemade enchilada sauce. Recipe is below.)
- 1.25 12 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1.25 16 ounce can refried beans
- 15 soft corn tortillas, street taco size/individual taco size.
- 1.25 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.25 14.5 ounce petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3.75 cups shredded cheese, (I recommend the Mexican blend)
- 1.25 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1.88 teaspoon cumin
- 0.63 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.94 teaspoon salt
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1.25 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2.5 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.63 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3.13 teaspoons chili powder
- 0.63 teaspoon basil, dried
- 0.16 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.16 teaspoon salt
- 0.31 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1.25 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 0.31 cup salsa
- 7.5 ounce tomato sauce
- 1.88 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cook ground beef until brown and no longer pink.
- Spread half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Cook the corn in microwave according to package directions.
- Spread half of refried beans on 6 corn tortillas. Place tortillas, bean-side up, over sauce in dish, overlapping to fit.
- Stir together remaining enchilada sauce, corn, black beans, spices, salt, ground beef, and undrained tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Spread half of beef enchilada mixture over the corn tortillas that are layered in the dish. Then layer with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layering – take 6 more corn tortillas and spread with the rest of the refried beans and place as another layer in your 13X9 baking dish. Then layer with the enchilada mixture and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until hot. The center should be hot and the casserole should be bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 8-12 pieces.
- Top off your dish with your favorite enchilada toppings – shredded lettuce, sour cream, avocado, etc.
Gluten Free Red Enchilada Sauce
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 min.
- Add the oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa, and tomato sauce. Mix together and then stir in the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer for 15 to 20 min.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: Dinner Recipes
Summary: It's easy to make a Beef Enchilada Casserole Crockpot. You can prep this meal in just minutes and set it on low for hours while you do other things. This is the perfect recipe when you want tacos but don't have time to cook all day! Wrap your tortillas up with some beef, cheese, beans, and enchilada sauce. Then stack them high in a crockpot that has been greased with butter or oil beforehand. Let these babies simmer away until they're nice and soft before doling out portions onto plates for everyone at the table. Trust us; it doesn't get much easier than this dish! If you need help prepping these ingredients, so they fit into.
Referece - Beef Enchilada