This Chicken and Noodle Casserole is a healthy twist on the classic dish. Chicken, egg noodles, carrots, and celery are mixed with a light cream sauce that has been seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme for an amazing taste.
- 2 1/2 cups diced chicken, about 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups dry Rotini
- 10.5 oz. cream of mushroom soup, (cream of chicken works well too)
- 8 oz. sour cream, equal to one cup
- 1/2 cup milk, any kind
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup regular cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup French’s crispy fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken with 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp. garlic salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Toss the chicken and add the broccoli. Cook for 3-4 additional minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Cook the rotini for 1 minute less than al dente, refer to package for cooking time.
- Meanwhile, add the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, and 2 cups sharp white cheddar to the pot with the chicken & broccoli. Stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pot. Use a silicone spatula to gently mix until combined.
- If the pot isn't oven safe, transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and add the pasta mixture.
- Top with 1 cup regular cheddar. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and add crispy fried onions. Bake uncovered for 8 minutes. Serve with Garlic Bread with Cheese.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Recipes