The delectable Cinnamon Rolls are a great dessert or brunch holiday treat.
- 2 cups (480g) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, cold
- 2 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 7 cups flour
- 1 tbsp oil for the Instant Pot
FOR THE FILLING:
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese room temp
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
TO MAKE THE DOUGH:
- Add milk to a small pot over medium heat and heat until almost boiling. Then immediately remove it from heat.
- Add the cold butter into the hot milk and stir until fully melted. Cool the mixture to room temperature.
- In another bowl mix the warm water, yeast and 1 Tbsp of sugar together. Let the yeast activate, by standing for 5-10 mins, until it starts bubbling.
- Add the room temperature milk and yeast mixture to the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Add the remaining sugar, salt and eggs and mix with the hook attachment until well combined.
- Next for these Pressure Cooker Cinnamon Rolls, add in 3 cups of flour and lightly mix together.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of flour and slowly mix until combined. The Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll dough will be very sticky.
- Add a bit of oil to the Instant Pot and grease the insert well. Transfer the dough into the Instant Pot and roll it so it’s also covered in oil on the surface.
- Press the Yogurt setting button on the Instant Pot and ensure it is set to ‘Normal’. Cover with a glass lid and let the dough proof for 20 mins.
- Take the lid off, and knead the dough a bit inside the Instant Pot liner. Proof for an additional 10 mins without the lid on.
- Transfer the Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll dough onto a flat, floured surface and gently roll into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush the dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar with cinnamon and then sprinkle on top of the dough, an inch from the side facing you.
- Tightly roll the dough up and then cut into 1-inch rolls and let the rolls rise for about 15 mins.
- Bake at 375F (190C) for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- Add the cream cheese and butter to the mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. If the icing is too stiff, add 1 tbsp of milk.
- Once the rolls are done baking, remove from oven and immediately pour the icing on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: Breakfast, Dessert