Hi there, my name is Elena and I am a Chef Master. I am excited to share with you my favorite ginger chicken recipes. Ginger adds a unique flavor to any dish, and chicken is a versatile protein that can be cooked in many ways. This article is perfect for anyone who wants to try something new and delicious in their kitchen. Let's get started!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Asian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch, honey, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add green onions to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and stir until the chicken is coated in the sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Q: Can I make this dish ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the chicken ahead of time and reheat it when you are ready to serve.
- Q: Can I use ground ginger instead of fresh ginger?
- A: Yes, you can use ground ginger, but fresh ginger will give the dish a better flavor.
1. To make the dish spicier, add some red pepper flakes or diced jalapeno peppers.
2. Serve the chicken with steamed vegetables or a salad for a healthy meal.
3. Make sure to use low-sodium soy sauce to reduce the sodium content of the dish.
Enjoy your delicious ginger chicken! I hope you and your family will love it as much as I do.