Hello, my name is Elena and I am a professional chef. I am excited to share with you my favorite chicken mull recipe. This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations and I am thrilled to be able to share it with you.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Southern
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the chicken and onion over medium heat until the chicken is browned and the onion is softened.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot and stir in the cheddar cheese until it is melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use boneless chicken for this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Q: Can I use a different type of cheese?
- A: Yes, you can use a different type of cheese if you prefer.
- Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Tip 1: To make this recipe spicier, add more hot sauce to taste.
Tip 2: Serve this recipe with cornbread or crackers for dipping.
Tip 3: If you don't have heavy cream, you can use half and half or whole milk instead.
Enjoy this delicious and comforting chicken mull recipe!