Apple Nachos Recipes Healthy Heart. Apple nachos are a gluten-free, milk-free, nutritious children's snack! Healthy nacho apples created using bare surfaces such as chips and peanut butter will be favorites with your family!
Apple Nachos Recipes Toppings
A delightful fall treat that is a bit less serious about healthy eating! These baked lead to another level of dessert. They're like pasta, but they're simpler and healthier. The wonderful scent would persuade everyone that a classic pie is made if you bake them in your oven. You may even let anyone personalize your own, or you can pile themselves on the toppings!
Honey With Apple
You may also prepare this easy breakfast meal as a fast after-school snack. Instead of peanut butter, you may swap for another apple or use almond butter. Try a different sweet variety.
How To Make Healthy Apple Nachos
- Prepare apples. Prepare apples. Clean the apples and dry them. Cut the rooms and remove the core. Sliced the quarters, around 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 inch, into thin slices.
- Top with lemon juice. Drizzle. This is optional, but you can drizzle lemon or lime juice over the apple, mixing them to coat, to keep the apples from browning.
- Layer apples on a serving plate. If you can circle your apples similar to what you see above, you’ll be sure to have a little of everything on each apple slice without causing too much mess when eating. Although, I sure didn’t mind liking my fingers clean, and I’m sure you won’t mind either!
- top-down view showing the process of layering apple nachos on a plate with items surrounding them.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 - 4 Serving 1x
Apple nachos are a gluten-free, milk-free, nutritious children's snack! Healthy nacho apples created using bare surfaces such as chips and peanut butter will be favorites with your family!
- 4 apples of choice
- ½ – ⅔ cup natural nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower, etc.)
- a small handful of chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips)
- small handful shredded coconut
- small handful slivered almonds, optional
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- hemp hearts
- cacao nibs
- raisins or currants
- ground cardamom
- pure maple syrup
- Apples: Wash, core and cut your apples into ¼ inch slices. I like to cut mine into quarters, take a small paring knife and carefully remove the core and upper and lower end where dirt may still be collected (even after washing). Lay apple quarters on a flat surface with the inside of the apple facing up, carefully slice your apple into ¼ inch slices, even ½ inch slices is good too. Whatever thickness you prefer, no rules here! Place apple slices in a small bowl with the lemon juice, toss to coat.
- Nut butter: Heat your nut butter just until warmed and somewhat runny. I like to heat mine by using a small silicon bowl placed in a small pot with just enough water to reach half way up the side of the silicon bowl, heat water on low and gently heat the nut butter until warm and drizzable. Alternatively, warm in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Assemble: On a serving plate, lay your apple slices in a single layer around the outside edge, then layer another small layer over those but towards the inside center of the plate (like shown in the picture above). Drizzle the nut butter in a circular motion, from the middle of the plate to the outside edge. You can also just zig zag the almond butter from one side to the other if you like. Again, no rules – just do what you feel is best! Top with chocolate chips, coconut flakes, almonds, and a sprinkle of cinnamon (or whatever you’ve chosen to use as your toppings).
- Serves one generously, or two as a small plate.
Use red or green apples, you may even consider using one of each for a combination of sweet & tart.
Make this 100% raw by using raw nut butter, raw cacao chips, and unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Category: APPLE
- Method: easy
Keywords: Healthy Recipes
Summary: Apple nachos are gluten-free, milk-free, and nutritious children's snacks. Lead to another level of dessert they're like pasta, but they're simpler and healthier. Honey With Apple Nacho Nacho is a delicious breakfast meal for the whole family.
Reference - Apple Nachos