These cinnamon cream cheese cookies remind me of snickerdoodles. However, they have the texture of meltaways. Here Italian Cream Cake cookies feature a shortbread foundation of melt-in-your bouche rolling in toasted pecan and cocoon and icing of cream cheese.
- 0.63 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 5 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1.88 cup powdered sugar
- 1.25 egg
- 0.63 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 2.19 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.31 cup granulated sugar
- 1.25 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add the egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the flour little by little until fully incorporated. Place the dough in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup of sugar. Set aside.
- Scoop about 2 teaspoons worth of dough and roll into balls. Coat in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on the prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until just set, making sure to not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Slow
Keywords: Cheese Cookies