This is the best healthy pizza biscuit formula out there. Kids and grown-ups love it. They are warm muffins made with fixings you would typically discover on pizza like stew, cheddar, and Italian sauces.
- 1 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Oat Flour
- 2 Tbl Tapioca Starch (arrowroot will work as well)
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Dried Italian Seasoning (oregano, parsley, basil)
- 1 ½ Tbl Baking Powder
- 1 stick Cold Butter (cut into cubes)
- ¾ Cup Monterey Jack Cheese (cubed mozzarella works as well)
- ⅔ Cup Applegate Farms pepperoni (cut into quarters)
- 1 Egg
- ¾ Cup Buttermilk
- ¼ Cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, salt, onion powder, herbs, and baking powder. Add the butter cubes and work in with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the pepperoni and cheese and toss evenly throughout the mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and water. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until the mixture comes together to form a dough.
- Using a large scoop, divide the mixture between the 12 wells of a greased muffin tin, making sure each scoop is rounded on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove and let cool in the pan for 2 minutes. Remove and store in an airtight container.
- Category: Healthy Recipes
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Clean, Favorite, Make-Ahead, Kids