Hi, my name is Elena and I am a Chef Master. I have been creating recipes for over 10 years and this Chicken Lemon Rice Soup recipe is one of my favorites. I wanted to share this recipe with you because it is healthy, easy to make, and perfect for any occasion.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Soup
- Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9/5
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth, water, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve hot.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
- A: Yes, you can use brown rice but you may need to add more liquid and increase the cooking time.
- Q: Can I freeze this soup?
- A: Yes, you can freeze this soup for up to 3 months. Just be sure to let it cool completely before freezing and reheat on the stove when ready to serve.
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs but you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly as they may take longer to cook.
1. To make this soup even more flavorful, try adding some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil.
2. If you like your soup a little thicker, you can add more rice or reduce the amount of liquid.
3. This soup is great for meal prep. Just make a big batch and portion it out for lunches throughout the week.