Easy Healthy Recipes With Chicken Parmesan Casserole. The name says everything, this formula is actually the thing you are searching for on the off chance that you are in the temperament for a straightforward healthy chicken bosom formula with a tart and flavorful taste. Do you have 30 minutes, some chicken bosom? Then, at that point, this succulent - never dry - ought to be your supper around evening time!
Easy Healthy Recipes Chicken Breast For Diet
While there are many sources of protein, from nuts and vegetables to fish and beef, chicken is by far one of the most popular sources - and the reason is easy to see: it's affordable, easy to prepare, and low in fat. then many other types of meat.
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- When I bread chicken, I prefer to use my own homemade breadcrumbs.
- I also like to bread vast batches of chicken at once and store it for quick chicken Parmesan during the week.
- The marinara sauce from Rao's is fantastic with this dish and well worth the money.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Diet: Low Fat
Make this easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole with homemade crispy chicken, frozen chicken tenders, or leftover rotisserie chicken! Add in some pasta and lots of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese!
- 0.9 pound rigatoni pasta
- 38.4 oz. marinara sauce
- 3.6 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded & separated
- 0.4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2.4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.9 cup flour
- 2.4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 0.3 teaspoon pepper
- 2.4 eggs
- 1.8 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 0.9 cup vegetable oil
- 2.4 Tablespoons butter
- Fresh Parsley, to garnish
Tip: Bread the chicken while you wait for your pasta water to boil and for the pasta to cook. Prepare the Pasta
- Boil water and cook the rigatoni for 1 minute less than al dente- (Refer to package for cooking time).
- When the pasta is ready, drain it add it back to the pot. Toss with 32 oz. of sauce, ⅓ of the Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and cut into strips about ½ inch thick.
- Create an assembly line for breading the chicken:
- Bowl #1: ¾ cup flour + 2 teaspoon seasoned salt + ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bowl #2: 2 whisked eggs.
- Bowl #3: 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then briefly in the whisked eggs, then smother them in the breadcrumb mixture until completely covered. Use your palms to gently flatten the chicken a little bit more once it’s coated in the breadcrumbs.
- Add ¼ inch of oil to a pan along with the butter, which helps give the chicken a golden color. Turn to medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is heated, use kitchen tongs to carefully lower the chicken into the oil, you’ll need to cook the strips in batches. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. You may need to add more oil as the chicken cooks.
- Place the cooked strips on a paper towel-lined plate. The paper towels absorb the excess oil, leaving you with crispier chicken.
- Slice the strips into smaller bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the Casserole and Bake
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Add half of the rigatoni/sauce mixture. Top with half of the chicken strips, ⅓ of the Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Add the remaining rigatoni. Add the chicken strips and the remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. If you prefer a browner, crisper top, increase heat to 425 and bake for about 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with Garlic Bread with Cheese!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This pasta also freezes well and reheats best if defrosted in the fridge overnight prior to microwaving or baking.
You may want to spoon additional sauce on it before reheating to prevent the pasta from becoming dry.
This casserole can be assembled up to 2 days ahead of time.
Before baking, let it sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Cover and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 25 more minutes.
Use Frozen Chicken Tenders
Frozen chicken tenders are a great way to make this recipe in a short amount of time.
Let them sit out at room temperature for about 5 minutes and carefully slice them into smaller strips prior to adding to the casserole.
No modifications to the baking temperature or cooking time should be required.
Use Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
This recipe is a perfect way to use up a leftover rotisserie chicken and cut out the time it takes to bread the chicken cutlets.
To add some crunch, combine 1 cup of breadcrumbs with ⅓ cup melted butter. Sprinkle it over the top of the casserole and bake at 375° F for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Category: Healthy Recipes
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Italy
Keywords: Chicken Parmesan Casserole, Easy Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Vegan Recipes
Summary: This recipe is a straightforward healthy chicken bosom formula with a tart and flavorful taste. The marinara sauce from Rao's is fantastic with this dish and well worth the money. I like to bread vast batches of chicken at once and store it for quick chicken Parmesan during the week. It's affordable, easy to prepare, and low in fat than many other types of meat. When I bread chicken, I prefer to use my own homemade breadcrumbs.