Hi, I'm Elena, a Chef Master, and I'm thrilled to share my recipe for Chicken Philly with you. This recipe has been a family favorite for years, and I want to help you make the best one possible. Let's get started!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9/5
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the sliced peppers, onions, and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until tender.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and coat with the vegetable mixture.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese on each hoagie roll.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among the rolls.
- Broil the sandwiches for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of cheese?
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Q: Can I use frozen vegetables instead of fresh?
- Q: Can I use a different type of bread?
- Q: Can I use a grill instead of a skillet?
- Q: Can I add other vegetables?
A: Absolutely! Swiss, cheddar, or even pepper jack would be great options.
A: Yes, you can prepare the chicken and vegetables up to a day in advance. Assemble the sandwiches and broil them just before serving.
A: While fresh vegetables will give you the best flavor and texture, frozen vegetables will work in a pinch. Just be sure to thaw them first.
A: Absolutely! A crusty French bread or even a wrap would be delicious.
A: Yes, grilling the chicken and vegetables will give you a delicious smoky flavor. Just be sure to oil the grill grates first.
A: Of course! Sliced zucchini, squash, or even broccoli would be great additions.
1. Be sure to slice the vegetables thinly so they cook evenly.
2. Don't overcook the chicken or it will be tough and dry.
3. Toasting the hoagie rolls before assembling the sandwiches will give them a crispy texture.
This recipe for Chicken Philly is the perfect way to enjoy a classic sandwich in the comfort of your own home. With tender chicken, sautéed vegetables, and melted cheese, it's sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Give it a try today!