You can make this recipe for 2 person, specially for dinner. Share your cooking here. #dinnerrecipes #mexicancauliflower #easyrecipes #lowcarbrecipes #cheesyrecipes
- 1/2 Fresh Cauliflower or 1/2 Bag of Frozen Cauliflower Rice (about 2 cups riced)
- 1/4 cup, Fire Roasted Tomatoes (I use rotel)
- 1/2 Jalapeno, sliced
- 1/4 Yellow Onion, diced small
- 1/2 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Olive or Avocado Oil
- Optional Toppings: Green Onion, Cilantro, Avocado, and Sour Cream
- For fresh cauliflower rice- Rice your cauliflower in a food processor and place in a microwavable safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes. Remove the cauliflower rice and dump out onto a clean hand towel. Allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes so you don't burn yourself. Using the towel, squeeze as much liquid out of the cauliflower as possible. This is a crucial step to prevent the rice from getting watery and soggy.
- Place the squeezed out "rice" back into the bowl. It will look like it reduced greatly in size (this is normal). Add the salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne powder to the cauliflower rice and mix thoroughly.
- For Frozen- Dump the frozen riced cauliflower onto a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and add the salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne to it and mix well. Bake it spread out on baking sheet in a 350 F oven until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tsp of oil and heat to medium heat. Next, saute the diced onion and sliced jalapeno until tender (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Drain the can of fire roasted tomatoes into a strainer. Remove as much liquid by pressing down with your fingers or with the back of a spoon. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and saute for about a minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet and fold the sauteed veggies and tomato into the cauliflower rice. Allow the rice to heat for a few minutes and spread it evenly throughout the skillet. Turn off the heat and top with the cheese.
- OPTIONAL- Add a sprinkle of cilantro, diced green onions, avocado or guacamole and a sour cream as garnish. Serve as a side or topped with shredded chicken!
Toast the spices to bring out more flavor prior to adding them to the pan!
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Dinner Recipes, low carb, easy Recipes, Quick Recipes